Cosmetic Bonding at Kedron Dental Centre
What are Dental Fillings?
Cosmetic bonding is a technique which is designed to repair damaged or discoloured teeth. Bonding can correct blemishes and irregularities of your front teeth without removing tooth structure e.g large gaps between front teeth can be reduced. Tooth bonding is the application of a tooth-coloured resin material using adhesives and a high intensity curing light.
Dental bonding is a more affordable option to crowns and veneers and usually only requires one visit. The duration of how long dental bonding can last differs from patient to patient.
Am I a Suitable Candidate for Cosmetic Bonding?
The best candidates for composite bonding:
- Have discolouration of teeth
- Damaged teeth or small chips in teeth
- Does not smoke
- Wants to improve their appearance
- Have good oral health
- Are in good physical health
- Are aware of the procedure’s outcome.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Cosmetic bonding?
- Dental bonding is among the easiest and least expensive of cosmetic dental procedures.
- Bonding usually can be done in one office visit unless several teeth are involved.