Dental Implants at Kedron Dental Centre
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss. For many years the only treatment options available for people with missing teeth were bridges and dentures. However, today, dental implants are available. They are made from titanium and replace the tooth root. They are attached to the jawbone to form a strong base for crowns and bridges, allowing you to use them as natural teeth. Compared with dentures, implants eliminate discomfort from moving and allow you to eat your favourite foods as normal.
Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implant treatment is performed in stages over several months
- Your damaged tooth is removed
- A specialist places the implant into the jaw and inserts a screw to prevent debris
- 3 to 6 months later after the implant has fused with the jawbone the screw is removed and replaced with a post which will hold your new crown
- Finally the dentist takes an impression and a crown is made that matches your teeth for colour and size. This procedure normally takes 1-2 hours
- After the crown is made in the Dental Laboratory the dentist then adjusts and screws the crown onto the implant
Dental Implant Safety
We at Kedron Dental Centre have been restoring teeth with Dental implants for over 30 years. Implants are made of titanium which is biologically compatible with the human body. Studies have shown that the earliest patients, treated with these modern implants continue to enjoy healthy, stable smiles.
When placing implants there are usual surgical risks of infection and damage to nerves and blood vessels. Once healed the implant is subject to gum disease similar to natural teeth.
Life of a dental implant
Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime if cared the same way as natural teeth. Ensuring that good dental hygiene is maintained at home and regular dental visits for cleaning.
At Kedron Dental Centre we can aesthetically enhance your smile by treating chipped, stained or crooked teeth with modern cosmetic dentistry treatments. A combination of lifestyle and personal factors can result in teeth showing various faults or blemishes over the years. At Kedron Dental Centre we can offer a variety of modern treatments to improve the appearance of your teeth and smile.